Friday, September 28, 2007

Goodbye Day Care Daze?

Well it's official. On Wednesday, September 26, 2007, I quit my job at Kiddieland. I won't go into all the gory details but it was NOT a happy ending. Maybe someday I'll tell the whole story but for now I really don't want to even think about it, let alone write about it. The question now is: what happens to this blog?

I'm not sure, is the short answer. I hardly had any readers here anyway, so I'm tempted to just close DCD down. On the other hand, if I get a job at another day care center it might be fun to keep a day care blog going, maybe in a different form, though. And I've thought about making a blog just about my views on children, parenting, and families without any connection to my work. In fact, DCD was becoming something like that, with several of my posts being about children and/or parenting in general, and not about day care.

I think I'll keep this blog up for now. I probably won't be posting on it again until I land another job. If that job's not in the day care field then DCD will almost certainly become a general children/parenting blog. If my next job is in day care, then DCD will continue as is...or maybe not. I just don't know. I really don't know.

No comments: